CERTIFICATES & CONTINUING EDUCATION
As part of our comprehensive curriculum, PATHWAYS currently offers a selection of courses in four Certificate areas: Foundational Theology, Biblical Studies, Theological Studies, and Preaching. Our certificates consist of courses that will help you develop ministerial career competency in a specific subject.
CERTIFICATE OF FOUNDATIONAL THEOLOGY
Required for the certificate are three courses:
- Making Sense of Theology (L1.1)
- Understanding the Bible as a Progressive Christian (L1.2)
- The Living Heart of Progressive Christian Theology (L1.10)
Participants elect to take five other courses which may include:
- The Variety of Beliefs within Christianity Today (L1.3)
- Spiritual Care of Self and Others (L1.5)
- The Art of Worship (L1.6)
- Pluralism and Religion in North America (L1.8)
- Ethics and the Life of Meaning (L1.9)
- Faith Formation and Spiritual Practices for Children, Youth, and Adults (L1.7)
- The Stories of Christian Saints and Sinners (L1.4)
BIBLICAL STUDIES CERTIFICATE
- Old Testament Hermeneutics (L2.2)
- New Testament Hermeneutics (L2.4)
- Approved Elective Course with Bible Study Project
THEOLOGICAL STUDIES CERTIFICATE
- Ecological Theology (L3.5)
- Contextual Theology (L3.7)
- Practicing Our Faith in the Public Square (L3.9)
- Theology of Gender and Sexuality
- Contemporary Theological Perspectives
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUs)
Continuing education is vital for any professional today. To help clergy and chaplains stay current in their areas of practice, PATHWAYS Theological Education offers continuing education courses that are online in an asynchronous format. The PATHWAYS format enables course participants to access the classes based on their own schedule at an affordable price.
- Explorer Courses can be taken for CEUs at a cost of $129 and an additional paper of 400 – 500 words.
- Foundational courses (Level 1) can be taken for CEUs at a cost of $325 and an additional paper of 500 – 750 words (for 2 CEUs) or 1200 – 1300 words (4 CEUs).
- Applied courses (Level 2) can be taken for CEUs at a cost of $305 and a reflection of 1000 – 1250 words ( 4 CEUs).
- Synthesizing courses (Level 3) can be taken for CEUs at a cost of $305 and a reflection of 1250 – 1500 words ( 4 CEUs).